Ian joined Source8 in 2017 as Head of Risk Consulting, having previously worked with PA Consulting, McKinsey & Co and Deloitte. He is a former Chief Police Officer with the Metropolitan Police based at New Scotland Yard and has an extensive knowledge and experience of law enforcement and security, having served in both detective and uniformed roles for just over thirty years. He also had several national security responsibilities including the National Counter Terrorism Security Office, the Police International Counter Terrorism Unit, the Metropolitan Police Security Co-ordinators and was the Counter Terrorism lead for the 2012 London Olympic and Paralympic Games until leaving the police.
Included amongst his skills are:
- Physical Security and design having led team that created internationally renowned Operation Argus – a building security mitigation package – and was a key advisor for the West Reports following the Haymarket and Glasgow terrorist attacks, strongly influencing their content.
- Risk management and risk mitigation
- Security culture, insider risk and vetting
- Crisis management, resilience, incident response and business continuity
- Security training and exercising
- Security strategy and policy
- Travel security and Aviation security
- Personnel security
Ian works cross sector and his recent work includes:
- Risk and security audits plus current state assessments for national and international clients
- Policy review and design for UK based companies
- Creating a system for managing and responding to serious and unexpected incidents of national and international impact in a highly classified operational environment
- Crisis management readiness through scenario planning for Insurance companies and small and medium enterprises
He is educated to Master’s degree level with an MA in Policy and a MSt from Cambridge in Applied Criminology. He is a Fellow of the Security Institute, a Fellow of the Institute of Leadership and Management, a Fellow of the Institute of Directors and a Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Security Professionals.